Never Boil Your Corn Again – Make It Like This Instead!
There’s another way to cook it that is easier and results in better flavor…in the slow cooker!
By placing the corn and water in the slow cooker, the corn steams deliciously without losing any of its sweet flavor. Then, you’re free to spruce it up with all the butter and salt and pepper you want and enjoy it to its fullest!
- 8-10 ears of corn
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- unsalted butter, to taste
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
To serve your taste
- fresh herbs
- salted butter or unsalted
- lime juice
- Sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- hot sauce
- Mexican sauce (Tapatio, Tajin, chipotle, Valentina)
- Parmesan cheese
- Place corn in slow cooker and pour in 1/3 cup water.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, or until corn is bright yellow and tender.
- Use tongs to remove corn and season with salt and pepper, and your choice
herbs, mayo, cilantro, hot sauce… anything
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from 12Tomatoes