It only takes 8 ingredients and 15 minutes to create Pesto Cavatappi at home. It’s so much faster, cheaper, and tastier than the Noodles & Company version!
Pesto Cavatappi (Noodles & Company Copycat)
yield: 4 SERVINGS
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta or other small pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large tomato, cored and diced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup homemade pesto or store-bought
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan or stock pot, bring 4 quarts of water and salt to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 to 12 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes, until some of the liquid has been released and the tomatoes are heated through.
- Stir in the wine and cream and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Add pesto and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add pasta and toss until uniformly coated in the sauce. Transfer to a serving dish or individual plates and garnish with Parmesan cheese.