Nutty Blueberry Crumble. I just can’t eat enough nuts and berries. They would dominate my desert island food list of “can’t live withouts”. I would go berry nutty, but I would be berry happy.
In fact I almost did go berry nutty — all the way to the bathroom and back a few summers ago by over-indulging in this gluten free vegan mixed berry crumble.
If I had to pick a dessert of choice, it would have to be anything berry – berry smoothies, berry pancakes, berry pies, berry strudels, berry cakes, berry muffins. Oh, the list of pleasures is endless. But the list of calories would also be too, if I allowed my mouth to open too berry wide.
This crumble is the Switzerland in my war of heart and mind. It satisfies the need for a berry blast, but doesn’t blow up the hips.
Imagen and recipe credit:Rhodesbread.com
Prep Time: 15
Bake Time: 30-35
- 1 package Rhodes Anytime!™ Cinnamon Rolls (6 rolls come in their own pan)
- 21 oz. can blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Open cinnamon roll package and arrange rolls in pan. Drain blueberries, reserving the syrup. Spread blueberry pie filling over the frozen cinnamon rolls.
- Combine the butter, flour, brown sugar, and nuts and sprinkle over rolls. Immediately bake (no thawing or rising) at 350°F 30-35 minutes.
- Drizzle with cream cheese frosting (included with the cinnamon rolls) while still warm.