Old fashioned 7-Up pound cake recipe made from scratch the southern way! Velvety soft, moist and finished off with a classic 7-up glaze!
Old fashioned 7-Up pound Cake
Cook time 1 hour 10 mins
Total time 1 hour 10 mins
From Scratch Ingredients:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Zest of 1 lemon ( about 2 tablespoon)
- Zest of 1 lime (About 1 Tablespoon)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup 7-Up soda
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of 7- up
- 1 teaspoon llemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Generously grease and lightly flour a bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Fold in the vanilla extract and lemon extract.
- Fold in the lemon zest and lime zest.
- Gradually add in the flour and salt and mix until combined.
- Mix in the heavy whipping cream and 7-up until well combined and batter is fluffy.
- Spoon batter into bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10-15 minutes (check on it after the 1 hour mark) or until knife inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Let cake sit in pan until pan is warm to the touch.
- Remove from pan and place on a cooling rack until completely cooled.
In a bowl Mix powdered sugar 7-up, lemon juice and milk together and drizzle on cooled cake one removed from the pan.