This creamy old-fashioned egg salad recipe can be served on crunchy lettuce, toasted bread, or in a pita for a quick and easy lunch idea. You can also add a little cream cheese to the recipe for an extra-creamy sandwich if you’d like.
Old-Fashioned Egg Salad
Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes: 3 servings
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper, paprika and Dijon.
- Stir in eggs and celery. Cover and refrigerate.
- Before serving sprinkle chopped parsley, if desired