The easiest, most amazing pasta you will ever make. Even the pasta gets cooked right in the pot. How easy is that?!
One Pot Kielbasa Pasta
- 8 oz dry pasta(small pasta)
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 (14-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large dutch oven or pot, put olive oil and fry the smoked kielbasa and onions, about 2 or 3 minutes and drain excess fat
- Then add in the pot the pasta, garlic, bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, and Cajun seasoning.
- Set over medium heat, cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, uncover and simmer until the pasta has cooked through, and most of the liquid has absorbed, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Make sure to stir often so that nothing sticks to the bottom.
- Stir in the heavy cream, cheddar cheese, and parmesan until melted through and the sauce has thickened.
- Add the basil and parsley and stir once more. Serve immediately.