This one pot spicy cajun pasta is an easy weeknight meal filled with peppers, tomatos, onions, succulent shrimp,hearty spices. Almost no prep time, just throw it in the pot and go!
One Pot Spicy Cajun Pasta
PREP TIME 10 mins
COOK TIME 22 mins
TOTAL TIME 32 mins
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, cut into slivers
- 1 Cup Mixed Bell Peppers, cut into slivers
- 1 Jalapeno, diced and deseeded (optional)
- 3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes half cut
- 1 Pound Fettuccine Noodles
- 5 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 Teaspoons Cajun Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Lb Uncooked shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- Green Onions for garnish
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot with a lid, heat olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, jalapeno ( optional) .
- Cook on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes, and the onions are translucent, add garlic.
- Add in remaining ingredients except the shrimp and tomato paste.
- Bring ingredients to a boil and reduce to a simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and tomato paste.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until the shrimp have cooked throughout and the sauce has thickened.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve immediately.