Give everyday grilled cheese a boost! Top sandwiches with cooked bacon pieces and sliced onion.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 slices (3/4 oz each) Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Vienna bread, 1/2 inch thick
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until almost cooked. Add onion. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, until tender. Remove bacon and onion from skillet. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.
- To make each sandwich, layer cheese, bacon and onion between 2 bread slices. Place 2 sandwiches in drippings in skillet. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until bread is crisp and golden brown and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
Make it a hearty supper by heating up a favorite family soup to serve with the sandwiches