Love the taste of summery creamsicles? Then you’ll fall in love with these fresh, bright and sweet Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes!
Orange Creamsicle Cupcakes
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 16 mins
Total time: 36 mins
- 1 box cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3oz box orange gelatin (dry)
- 1 cup orange juice
For the Frosting:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- orange food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 muffin tins with 18 paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cake mix, orange gelatin, eggs, oil and orange juice with a handheld electric mixer or until smooth.
- Portion the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling about ¾th of the way full.
- Bake for approx. 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean or with moist crumbs. Cool the cupcakes completely.
- In large bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
Gradually add in confectioner’s sugar 1 cup at a time and beat well, scraping down sides of bowl.
- Add extracts and mix well for about 2 minutes.
- Add orange zest to the icing. Add orange food coloring, one drop at a time, until you reach the desired shade of orange.
To Assemble Cupcakes:
Spoon orange frosting into a piping bag fitted with a large round tip.
swirl around the of the cupcake two times.