This is my first Orange Crush Cake but it will not be my last! This has been a pure pleasure to eat and enjoy! A tall glass of milk or a cup of coffee and it is a very good dessert! The Orange flavor in this makes it delicious!
I don’t know how many servings this makes,depends on how big each piece is but it makes 1 cake.
Orange Crush Pound cake
Prep Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins
Yield: 1 cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Orange Crush
- 3 cups Powdered Sugar (more If Needed), Sifted
- Pinch Of Salt
- 1/4 cup Orange Crush (more If Needed)
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a pan; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; add vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined (do not overmix).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, about 1 hour (tent with aluminum foil if browning too quickly).
- Now pour over hot cake 1 cup orange crush
- Let cool in pan 60 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and turn
- Combine all the glaze ingredients in a bowl and gently whisk until thick (you might need to adjust the quantities here and there). Use a spoon to drizzle it all over the cake. Let the glaze set, then slice and serve!