This salad looks beautiful, doesn’t it? But we promise it tastes even better! It’s fresh, it’s delicious, and it’s incredibly easy to make!
This spinach salad is colorful and festive as well as delectable. The almonds are toasted with cinnamon-sugar. The salad dressing is the key to this recipe. The hot sauce makes this recipe sensational.
Orange Pomegranate Spinach Salad
Prep time 10 mins
Total time 10 mins
- ¼ cup almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 package triple-washed spinach
- 1 bunch arugula
- 1 orange, peeled and cubed – 1 (14-oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained)
- 1 Pink grapefruit, peeled and cubed ( or 4 – 4 OZ cup of Dole Red Grapefruit
- Sunrise, drained)
- 1 ripe mango peeled and cubed
- 1 pomegranate seeded
- Combine nuts, cinnamon sugar, butter in microwaveable pie plate sprayed with cooking spray; spread evenly onto the bottom of the pie plate.
Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1½ minutes or until nuts are toasted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Mix arugula and spinach and spread into a large serving bowl.
Layer orange, mango and grapefruit
Add toasted almonds.
Top with pomegranate.
Notes: The salad is also really good with strawberries and kiwis.
Sweet and Sour Dressing
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 2 tbsp. vinegar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- dash pepper & red pepper sauce
- Mix canola oil, vinegar, salt, sugar, parsley, pepper and red pepper sauce in a jar with a tight lid.
- Shake mixture vigorously and refrigerate.
Add to salad when ready to serve.
Notes: You can also mix ingredients in a blender to get better emulsion.