These oven roasted potatoes are loaded with crispy bacon, fresh garlic, and grated Parmesan. They make a delicious side dish that everyone will love!
Oven Roasted Potatoes with Bacon
Recipe adapted: Newrecipeweek
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb hickory smoked, thick sliced bacon
- 3 1/2 lbs Potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano cheese
- salt and pepper
- fresh parsley
Peel and wash the potatoes, place them in a pot with water and bring to a boil.
Cook for 12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. For this, use a fork, pierce the potatoes to see if they are tender.
Drain and let cool completely.
- Turn the oven to 450 F
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut the bacon into pieces and cook until browned. (Not crunchy)
Tips: If freeze bacon for 15-20 minutes, it will be easier to cut!
Chop garlic and parsley
- Once the potatoes are cool, peel and cut in half, or quarter if potatoes are large.
Next, prepare the baking sheet by brushing 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half the bacon drippings on the bottom of the pan
- Place cut side down on prepared pan and sprinkle with course salt and fresh ground pepper. Place in 425° oven for 35-40 minutes. Rotate potatoes halfway through the baking time to ensure an even color
- Reduce temperature to 375°, turn potatoes over and sprinkle with the bacon, garlic, and Parmigiano cheese
- Return to oven for an additional 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are evenly browned and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Makes 4-6 servings, depending on serving size. Serve immediately!