Painting on Stones Is a Craft That Rocks!
I have recently discovered the enjoyable craft of decorating stones. What’s not to like? Your canvas is free! Okay, maybe it’s not so free if you actually purchase a bag of stones from Michael’s Crafts. But that’s still okay. Stones are cheap no matter what! And if you have little kids and you want a project for a rainy day, a bag of Michael’s stones can be your best friend!
What can you do with your finished, painted stones? Lots of things!
Make them into magnets.
Decorate your garden.
Create seasonal decorations.
Have craft time with the kids (indoors or outside.)
Make paperweights or gifts . . . or give paperweights as gifts.
Write inspirational messages on them.
Sell your creations!
Check out these super cute and shiny monster magnets sold on Etsy!
How to Paint Rocks Step-by-Step
1. Clean the landscaping rocks or beach pebbles. Scrub the stones that you want to paint. Dirt prevents the paint from sticking to the stone surfaces. Wash small rocks with warm water, mixed in a bucket with detergent.
Recycling old chairs and benches for blooming garden decorations
Two inspiring design ideas, unique DIY garden decorations
2. Leave the rocks or beach pebbles to dry. The stones need to be completely dry before you paint on them.
Painted rocks with colorful fish, cheap, creative and bright garden decorations
3. Painting a rock your favorite colors adds unique style to yard decorations and creates attractive home accents for your rooms. Friendly and funny characters, cute and cheerful patterns lift your spirit and make the decorations look pleasant and delightful. Let your imagination inspire and guide you to creating unique and bright designs.
Rock painting ideas to add colorful bugs to garden designs, front yard or backyard landscaping
Vibrant colors and sharp contrasts are great for rock designs. Beautiful flowers and insects, imaged of birds, animals, trees, and leaves make gorgeous garden decorations, energize, and brighten up the outdoor home decor. Painting rocks and beach pebbles in earthy and calming colors brings harmony and relaxing feel into backyards. Rich and warm colors create peace and tranquility with leaves and flowers blooming in spring and summer gardens.
Painting ideas to add frogs to garden designs
4. If you want to use painted rocks outdoors, you need a paint that withstands the harsh weather. Enamel paints designed for boats are good choices for rock painting. Acrylic paints are an excellent choice for creating beautiful stones to accentuate interior decorating.
Stone with black butterfly
5. Allow the paint to dry completely, leaving the painted rocks to dry overnight of for a few houses in shade.
6. Spray clear sealant on painted works, making sure to coat every detail on the surface. Apply several coats of sealant on outdoor rocks allowing them to dry. A sealant protects the paint from the environment and keeps unique garden decorations looking bright.