Another Panera favorite is the jalapeño cilantro hummus, which would be good spread on a sandwich or served as a simple dip.
Recipe credit: Renees kitchen adventures
Servings – approx. 16 (recipe yields about 1 quart of hummus)
Serving size – 1/4 cup Points Plus per serving – 3 Points+
Calories – 103.9, Total Fat – 6g, Carb. – 11.7g, Protein – 4.5g, Fiber – 4.2g
- 2 – 15oz. cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and stems
- 1 large jalapeno, ribs and seeds removed, roughly chopped
- Combine all ingredients except water in food processor. Process until a smooth thick paste.
- Add in enough water, while it’s running through the top, until it is smooth with a spreading consistency. ( I think I may have used about 1/3 cup…but put in as much or as little as you desire for the consistency you like)
- Garnish with some extra virgin olive oil. (not included in the nutrition info above) Serve with pita, pita chips, crackers or assorted raw vegetable dippers.
- It may taste a bit garlicky at first, but as the hummus sits the garlic flavor mellows.
- Store any leftovers covered in refrigerator.