You know you want to order the kids’ meal at Panera just to get that creamy mac & cheese. Forget ordering off the kids’ menu and just make it at home!
This copycat Panera Mac and Cheese tastes just like the stuff you buy in the famous bakery but is easy to make at home and only requires one pan!
COPYCAT PANERA MAC AND CHEESE (ONE PAN!)
yield: 3-4 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 30 MINUTES
- 2 cups medium uncooked shell pasta
- 2 and 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup grated extra sharp white cheddar (4 ounces)
- Rinse uncooked pasta under cold water.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine milk, pasta, salt, mustard and butter. Stir frequently and bring to a simmer. Reduce to low. Stir frequently (almost continually) for 15-20 minutes while pasta cooks and milk is absorbed. Remove from heat, stir in cheese and cover for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy immediately (not good reheated — gets grainy).