Delicious and healthy breaded shrimp, without the added fat. Jumbo shrimp, coated with seasoned breadcrumbs, panko and grated cheese, then baked until golden.
Serve this with lemon wedges and you will have one happy family. You may want to make extra, because these shrimp disappear quickly!
I had a lot of extra crumbs left after I breaded them, so I double dipped the shrimp into the egg and breadcrumbs until I used them all up which gave the shrimp extra coating.
Panko Shrimp Recipe
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour, for dredging
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 24 jumbo shrimp, shelled, deveined, tail on
- 4 cups canola oil for frying
- ½ cup plum sauce
- 1 Tablespoon horseradish
- Combine salt and pepper into the flour in a shallow bowl.
- Beat together the eggs, milk, parsley in a second shallow bowl.
- Put the panko crumbs into a third shallow bowl.
- Dredge the shrimp first in the flour then in the egg mixture and finally coat in panko mixture.
- Pour oil into a heavy-bottomed skillet and heat.
- Begin adding the coated shrimp in batches of 6 into the hot oil. Fry shrimp until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer to plate line with paper towel.
- Stir plum sauce and horseradish together in a small bowl. Serve shrimp with the plum sauce and horseradish mixture.