This Pasta Da recipe will fill your home with the most heavenly smells. Is creamy and rich in all the good ways. Fresh mushrooms give the recipe heartiness, while the Madeira wine gives a touch of sweetness. This simple pasta recipe can be made quickly and with just a few ingredients. In the time it takes you to drive to the restaurant this dish can be prepared and already on the table.
Cheesecake Factory Inspired Pasta Da Vinci
Recipe credit: The350degreeoven.com
- 2 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 5 chicken tenders
- 1 1/2 c. shitake mushrooms (3.5 oz)
- 1/4 c. chopped red onions (optional)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 T. canola oil
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 c. Madeira wine
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 T. flour
- 1/2 c. half and half
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 T. parsley
- 3 T. grated parmesan cheese
- Slice 3.5 oz of shitake mushrooms (approximately 1 1/2 cups), discarding stems.
- Slice the chicken tenders into bite sized pieces, discarding any tendons or cartilage.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot. Once boiling, add the 2 c. uncooked penne pasta, and set timer to 9 minutes. When done, drain the pasta and set aside.
- Add 1/2 T. olive oil and 1/2 T. canola oil to a large cast iron skillet, and heat on medium high. Add the mushrooms to the pan, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. (If you choose to add onions, you could add 1/4 c. chopped red onions at this point.) Saute the mushrooms until golden brown, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan, and add the chicken. Season chicken with 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Saute until golden brown, then set aside with the cooked mushrooms.
- Add the butter to the pan, and allow to melt. Meanwhile, scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. (The brown bits that you are now scraping up will help flavor the sauce.)
- Add the flour to the butter, cook and stir for 1 minute to create a roux. (This will help thicken the sauce for the pasta).
- Turn off the heat. Add the half and half and the Madeira. Once the sizzling has subsided, turn the stove back on and heat to a gentle simmer. You must cook this for several minutes to allow the alcohol to evaporate and to allow the flavor of the sauce to develop.
- After 2-3 minutes, taste the sauce, and if it seems too strong, add 1/4 c. water. Add a little extra salt and pepper if needed. Add the mushrooms and chicken back into the pan with the garlic, and simmer 1-2 more minutes.
- Add the pasta into the pan, and stir. Allow the pasta to heat for 1 minute, then turn off the heat and stir in the parsley and parmesan.