What could be better than an indulgent dessert made from ingredients you have sitting in your pantry and that never needs to go into the oven?
These cookies take just minutes of work; most of the time is spent waiting for them to harden into the rich, nutty, chocolaty delights that they are.
Peanut Butter-Chocolate No-Bake Cookies
Makes 4-5 dozen cookies
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- To prepare, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size saucepan over medium heat, bring the sugar, milk butter and cocoa to a boil stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add peanut butter, old-fashioned rolled oats, chopped peanuts, liced almonds, vanilla and salt.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet,
- Let sit at room temperature until cooled and hardened about 35 minutes
- Transfer to an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Recipe adapted from Foodnetwork