Are you a peanut butter lover? I adore peanut butter! Peanut butter milkshakes, peanut butter with apples, peanut butter smoothies… even just peanut butter on a spoon. So it’s not shocking that one of my favorite cookies to make involves peanut butter. And I love bar cookies! I like that they are thicker, which usually mean softer and chewier… oh and they are so much quicker to make! So today I’m sharing with you my Peanut Butter Cookie Bar.
Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Yield: 2-3 dozen
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick unsalted butter), room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together brown sugar, peanut butter and butter until fluffy and lightened in color. 3-5 minutes.
- Beat in egg and then, once fully incorporated, milk and vanilla extract.
- Stir in dry ingredients, then gently fold in peanut butter chips.
- Pour batter into greased baking dish, then smooth over the top and place in oven.
- Bake for 18-21 minutes, or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool 10 minutes before serving