Pepperoni pizza balls are a fun way to stuff the goodness of a pepperoni pizza into a bite size snack! These quick appetizers are similar to easy pepperoni rolls because they start with a refrigerator biscuit but they have pizza sauce and string cheese in them!
- To make the pepperoni pizza balls, flatten a refrigerator biscuit (I used Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits) into a circle about 3 1/2 inches wide. Top with a teaspoon of pizza sauce, a few chopped pepperoni, a piece of string cheese or mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with oregano.
- Gather the edges of the dough around the filling and pinch closed.
- Put the balls into a greased pie pan with the seams on the bottom. Brush the tops with a beaten egg white and sprinkle with grated Parmesan.
- Bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve the pepperoni cheese biscuits with more pizza sauce for dipping. This recipe only makes 10 pizza balls which is perfect for an after school snack but when I am making these for more people, I use a 9×13 inch pan instead. I just follow the same recipe and increase the baking time a bit.
Pepperoni Pizza Biscuit Balls
- 10 refrigerator biscuits
- 3 string cheese sticks, quartered
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 egg white, beatern
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Flatten the refrigerator biscuits to about 3 1/2 inches wide.
- Top biscuits with 1 teaspoon pizza sauce, a few chopped pepperoni, a string cheese piece and a sprinkle of oregano.
- Gather the edges up around the toppings and pinch together at the top.
- Place the pizza balls into a greased pie pan with the seams on the bottom.
- Brush the tops with a beaten egg white.
- Sprinkle the tops with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425°F for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with additional pizza sauce, if desired.