Serve your family with these popular beef egg rolls – a tasty dinner that’s ready in just 25 minutes.
- 1 package (17 oz) beef roast au jus
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (3 oz)
- 1 medium onion, halved, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- 8 egg roll skins (from 1-lb package)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 8 slices (1 oz each) smoked provolone cheese
- Cook beef roast as directed on package; drain, cool and shred. Reserve au jus for a later use.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Cook mushrooms, onion and bell pepper in oil 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in shredded beef. Cool to room temperature.
- In deep fryer or 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil to 350°F. Meanwhile, place 1 egg roll skin on work surface with 1 corner facing you. (Cover remaining skins with damp paper towel to prevent drying out.) Brush edges with beaten egg. Top with 1 slice cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup beef filling slightly below center of egg roll skin; fold corner of egg roll skin closest to filling over filling, tucking point under. Fold in and overlap right and left corners. Brush remaining corner again with egg; gently roll egg roll toward remaining corner and press to seal. Place seam side down on plate. Repeat with remaining egg roll skins, beaten egg, cheese and filling.
- Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, in oil 3 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm