Pineapple and coconut top cupcakes!!! these are super easy, low fat, moist and delicious!
Only using a box of yellow cake mix and a can of crushed pineapple; no eggs, no oil or butter needed!!
The best is takes less than 10 minutes to prep! You can make the cupcakes a day ahead and the topping as well which should be stored in the refrigerator. Once you top them with the frosting they should be eaten within a few hours.
Piña Colada Cupcakes
Recipe by Skinnytaste
- a box yellow cake mix
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice (do not drain)
Pineapple Coconut Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz Philadelphia 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple in pineapple juice, completely drained of any liquid
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Combine cake mix and 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice in large bowl.
- Remember not to throw the juice in this recipe step.
- Mix on medium speed with electric mixer.
- Pour into lined cupcake tins about 2/3 full. Bake in accordance with cake mix directions or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Set aside to cool.
Pina Colada Cupcakes 2
- Combine cream cheese, crushed pineapple, sugar and coconut flakes in a medium bowl and mix with a hand mixer until combined well.
- Spread on cooled cupcakes and refrigerate until ready to eat.