The recipe was crazy easy, and although I was skeptical about the pineapple glaze, the finished product was remarkable. And now, you can make it too!
- 1/2 cup Vegetable shortening
- 1 cup butter
- 2 3/4 c Sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 cup Half and Half Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup Crushed Pineapple with Juice
- Cream shortening butter and sugar. Add eggs 1 at a time.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture 1 spoon full at a time. Alternating with milk.
- Stir in vanilla and crushed pineapple. Pour into a well greased tube pan… Place in a cold oven, heat to 325 degrees and bake for 1 1/4 hours or till done.. remove from pan to cool.
- Pour glaze over while cake is warm.
- 1 1/2-2 cups confectionary sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- a teensy bit of water to mix