Pizza toppings are baked inside flaky crescent layers, and then sliced into triangles perfect for dipping in pizza sauce
“Pizza toppings are baked inside flaky crescent layers, and then sliced into triangles perfect for dipping in pizza sauce or ranch dressing. Our favorite dip for these melts is ranch dressing with blue cheese crumbles.”
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packages pepperoni, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup pizza sauce, if desired (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°F Grease cookie sheet. On cookie sheet, unroll 1 can of dough into 1 large rectangle. With floured rolling pin or fingers, roll or press dough into 12×9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- Spread 1/4 cup pizza sauce over dough to within 1/4 inch of edges. Top with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.
- On 14-inch length of parchment paper, unroll remaining can of dough. Press to make 12×9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal. While holding paper with dough, turn dough upside down to cover cheese. Remove paper. Brush with beaten egg. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and oregano.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on cooling rack 5 to 10 minutes. Move to cutting board. Using pizza cutter, cut into 16 squares. Cut each square in half diagonally. Serve with 1 cup pizza sauce.