A ridiculously fun and delicious twist on your favorite pizzas!
Just when you thought pizza couldn’t get any more delicious, along comes this super cool way to eat it – baked inside of monkey bread!
Whaat? You heard right. And here’s how to get ‘er done:
Pizza Monkey Bread
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasonings
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Homestyle Biscuits
- cups finely chopped pizza toppings (pepperoni, cooked sausage, green peppers, mushrooms, onions….whatever you like!)
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic salt and Italian seasonings until combined. Set aside.
- Remove biscuits from the cans. Take a raw biscuit, and cut a slit in the side. Use your fingers (or carefully use a knife) to open up the biscuit to form a pocket.
- Carefully tuck a pinch of cheese into the pocket of the biscuit, then add in a teaspoon or so or marinara sauce, then add in some pinches of your pizza toppings, top with a final pinch of cheese, then use your fingers to pinch together the dough to seal in the pocket. Be sure that it is well-sealed.
- Dunk the pocket in the butter mixture on both sides, then place in the bundt pan with the seam side up.
- Repeat with remaining biscuits until they are all filled and placed in the bundt pan side by side.
- Pour any remaining butter mixture over the top of the biscuits in the bundt pan, then bake for 30 minutes until the dough is cooked and lightly browned. Remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn the bundt pan on top of a plate and give it a slight jiggle to release the monkey bread. Then remove the pan and serve the monkey bread with a side of extra marinara sauce for dipping.
Recipe and Photo credit:tablespoon / CC BY-NC-ND