Mashed potatoes become an elegant appetizer when coated with bread crumbs, baked and served with tasty chutney or salsa.
- Prep Time 40 min
- Total Time 55 min
- Servings 45
- Cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 package (20 oz) refrigerated mashed potatoes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup Green Giant™ frozen sweet peas (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Tomato chutney or Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or cooking parchment paper; spray foil or paper with cooking spray. In medium bowl, mix potatoes, peas, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and red pepper.
- Place bread crumbs in shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk with fork or wire whisk. Shape potato mixture by tablespoonfuls into about 1-inch balls. Roll balls in bread crumbs to coat, then dip into egg mixture and coat again with bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet. Spray tops of balls with cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown and hot. Serve warm with chutney.