Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 30 minsRecipe Notes
Pan: One 9″ Bundt Pan Prep: Greased and Floured Oven Temp: 350° Storage: Cover and Refrigerate
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup, preferably grade B
- 1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
- ½ cup vegetable oil
Orange Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare one 9 inch Bundt pan or fluted tube pan; generously grease the pan with shortening and dust with flour.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves; sift or whisk together to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, add eggs and beat on medium-high speed for 2 minutes. With the mixer still on medium-high speed, add the brown sugar one tablespoon at a time, taking 3 to 4 minutes, and beating until the sugar is fully incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium; slowly pour the maple syrup into the batter in a slow steady stream. Add the pumpkin puree, and beat for 1 minute. With the mixer still on medium speed, slowly pour the oil into the batter in a slow steady stream, and then beat for 1 minute longer.
- Reduce mixer speed to medium-low, and blend in the flour mixture all at once, mixing just until incorporated.
- Bake: Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with the back of a large spoon. Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until a long toothpick, wooden skewer or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place pan on a wire cooling rack to cool for 10 to 15 minutes then remove cake from the pan and place the cake on the wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
Orange Cream Cheese Glaze:
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheeses, orange zest, and confectioner’s sugar. Add 3 teaspoons orange juice and stir until smooth. Add additional teaspoon of orange juice if needed to make a good drizzling consistency.
- The glaze should be like a soft icing, but thin enough that it will run down over the sides of the cake.
- Drizzle glaze over the cake, allowing the glaze to drip down the sides.
- Garnish: sprinkle the orange zest over the glaze.
recipe from Thebakingpan