This pumpkin spice mousse showcases fall flavours at their finest. The pumpkin and spices really shine through, in this fluffy, creamy mousse.
If you’ve had your fill of pumpkin pie, this cool and creamy mousse is just right for you. Its light and fluffy texture won’t make you feel “stuffed” after your favorite turkey dinner.
Makes 5 cups
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- ½ (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream, divided
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground clove
- ¼ cup ginger snaps, crumbled
1. Place the pumpkin puree, condensed milk, ½ cup of cream, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove into a medium saucepan and stir over medium heat.
2. Simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and allow the mixture to cool completely and cover with plastic wrap.
4. Place in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
5. Once the pumpkin mixture has chilled, place the remaining cream into a stand mixer and whip until stiff peaks form, 3-5 minutes.
6. Gently fold the whipped cream (reserving 2/3 cup) into the pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated.
7. Fill six 8 ounce ramekins (trifle dishes) about 2/3 of the way with the mousse and place in the refrigerator for at least 3 to 4 hours.
8. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of crumbled ginger snaps.
*Note: This is a soft, not stiff, mousse!