This recipe is wonderful it’s simple and delicious! the frosting adds to the cake.
The cake is moist, flavorful and just the right amount of sweet. I made sure the cream cheese and butter at room temperature before blending the ingredients. I made this for a family get together, everyone enjoyed it. I will make this again.
Pumpkin Spice Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (dark or light, doesn’t matter)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin pie filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spray a 9″ round pan (I used a springform) with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined, and set aside.
- In another bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for a minute or so. Mix in the following ingredients one at a time: the brown sugar, then the white sugar, then the canola oil. Reduce speed to low and add the pumpkin pie filling. Add half the dry ingredients, mixing until incorporated, and then the other half, mixing just until incorporated.
- Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10-15 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack. While it cools, prepare the icing.
This cake tastes excellent with a cream cheese icing. I usually make mine by eyeballing the ingredients – something like this:
- 1/8 cup butter (softened at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup pain cream cheese (softened at room temperature)
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
Mix all ingredients together with blender until creamy and light. If too thick and unspreadable then add a tsp of milk at a time until correct thickness. If icing is too runny then add more icing sugar until desired thickness is reached.
Make sure cake is completely cooled before spreading icing on top. Garnish with some pecans, chopped or whole.
Eat, enjoy, become fat like me. This cake is seriously worth it!