Here is a colorful, tasty pasta salad that is easy to make. It is the perfect side at any BBQ or picnic.
Rainbow Rotini Broccoli Salad
- 2 cups uncooked rainbow rotini pasta
- 1 cup broccoli florets, boiled for 2 minutes
- 16 bite size tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 small sweet white onion, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup sliced black pitted olives
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (or you can subsitute finely grated feta cheese)
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon
- Cook pasta according to package directions two minutes before end of cooking time add the broccoli and leave 2 minutes.
- Rinse cooked pasta and broccoli in colander with cold water (until pasta is cooled), drain well
- Transfer the pasta and broccoli to a salad bowl.
- Slice the small tomatoes and the olives.
Gently stir into the pasta.
- In a small bowl stir together the olive oil, lemon juice and salt and drizzle over the salad.
Gently stir in to coat.
- Sprinkle in the parmesan (or feta) cheese. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.