Raspberries Cream Charlotte Cake
Portions: 8 servings
Cook time: 1 hour
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Calories Portions: 103
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raspberry puree
- 3 tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur
- 1 package Lady Fingers ( about 24 Lady Fingers)
- 1-2 cups whipped cream
- 1 1/2 pints fresh raspberries
1.In a mixing bowl whisk together the egg yolks with 1/4 cup granulated sugar. Add the flour and cornstarch and whisk until combined.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, heat the milk and vanilla. Heat the mixture to just before the boiling point, being careful not to let it boil.
3. Take a little bit of the milk and whisk it into the egg mixture. Be sure to whisk constantly why pouring the milk to keep the eggs from scrambling. Once the eggs have been tempered add the rest of the warm milk.
4. Transfer the milk and egg mixture back to the sauce pan. Whisk over medium heat until the custard begins to thicken. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of the Grand Marnier. Remove the custard from the heat. Stir in the raspberry puree and 1/2 pint of fresh raspberries. Pour into a clean mixing bowl and set aside.
5. To make the simple syrup in a small saucepan heat 1/2 cup of water, and the remaining sugar and Grand Marnier. Remove from heat.
6. Dip the lady fingers in the simple syrup. Stand the lady finger up around the inside of a 9 inch spring form pan, forming a border all the way around. Place the remaining lady fingers on the bottom, forming a base for the cake.
7. Pour the pastry cream into the pan lined with lady fingers. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour, until it sets.
8. Remove the pan from the refrigerator. Spread the whipped cream on top. Top with raspberries. Leave in the spring form pan until ready to serve.
Tip:Use an alternative milk for dairy free recipe.