Quick, easy and elegant fruit dessert. Great for entertaining. With only 5 ingredients, you can whip up this Raspberry Fool in no time! It’s an impressive dessert throughout the year, but it’s especially nice during the holidays!
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 8 Servings
- 3 cups fresh or frozen Raspberries, Plus A Few More For Serving
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Raspberry Liqueur (or You May Just Use Water)
- 2 cups Cold Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- In a bowl, stir together the raspberries, sugar, and liqueur (or water) and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Whip the cream with the powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Mash the raspberries with a fork until all the liquid and fruit are mashed together.
Two ways to assemble the dessert:
Serve in pretty glasses
- Assemble the Fool by layering the cream, mash the raspberries, again cream and mash raspberries.
- Finish with garnish raspberries.
Or you can mix the cream and raspberries
- Spoon half the fruit into the cream and fold once or twice with a rubber spatula; do not overmix!
- Add half of the remaining fruit and fold once or twice. If you want more fruit, add the rest; if not, use remaining fruit puree as a garnish on top.
- Serve in pretty glasses
Assemble the parfait by layering the cream, mash the raspberries, again cream and mash theraspberry.
Finish with garnish raspberries.
***Best if made right before serving.