Looking for the perfect appetizer to impress your guests for the Big Game? Try this delicious jalapeño poppers recipe, or as we like to call ’em, Rattlesnake Bites!
- – 12 large jalapenos, seeded and cut in half
- – 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- – 1 large egg
- – 2 tablespoons milk
- – 1 tablespoon flour
- – 1 teaspoon Parmesan, grated
- – salt
- – Freshly ground pepper
- -1 tsp paprika
- -1 tsp garlic powder
- – 1 1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned or unseasoned
- – vegetable oil
- Wash jalapenos, cut in half, and take out seeds.
- Stuff each half with grated jack cheese.
- Place in freezer for 1/2 hour
- Meanwhile preheat your deep fryer to 350
- In shallow bowl, mix flour, egg, Parmesan, milk, salt and pepper( to taste), garlic and paprika.
- Place breadcrumbs in flat dish.
- Take out of freezer and dip jalapeno in egg mixture and then in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes). Drain on paper towel
- Serve immediately with Ranch Dressing or Cajun Horseradish Sauce!
Adapted from Texas Roadhouse