According to some food blogger, Red Hook Lobster Pound makes the best lobster roll anywhere. And she figured out how to make it at home. And now you love this Idea.
Red Hook Lobster Pound’s Lobster Roll
- 1 1/2 lb. lobster, cooked, cooled and meat removed from tail, claws and knuckles (alternatively, you could purchase 3/4 lb. cooked lobster meat)
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- fresh lemon juice
- mayonnaise (recipe to follow)
- 2 top-split hot dog rolls
- 2 T. butter, melted
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- generous handful of shredded iceberg lettuce
- Cut the lobster tail into 1′” cubes – leave the claws and knuckles as intact as possible. Gently mix the lobster with just enough mayonnaise to bind it together, and season with a little lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Keep refrigerated till ready to assemble.
- Pre-heat your griddle. Brush the insides of each roll generously with the melted butter. Grill the rolls till golden brown.
- To assemble: in each bun layer some of the lettuce, the lobster, a sprinkling of scallions and a pinch of paprika.
- Serve immediately with Cape Cod potato chips and an icy cold beer.
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons very cold water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil, refrigerator cold
1. Combine all ingredients except the oil in a food processor fitted with the blade attachment and blend until combined, 5-10 seconds.
2. While the food processor is still running, add the cold oil in a very slow, steady stream. It should take about a minute to add all of the oil.
3. When all of the oil is incorporated, the mixture should be thick, emulsified, and a pale yellowish-white. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe credit: Sherisilver