I love the way Red Velvet Cake Truffles taste (what’s not to love about moist bites of cake and frosting!) but even more than that, I love the surprise of biting into an ordinary-looking truffle and finding bright red cake instead of chocolate. It’s amazing! Ready to make some for your nearest and dearest? Here’s how you do it:
- box red velvet cake mix (plus ingredients listed on the box to prepare the cake)
- 8 oz cream cheese-softened
- 16 oz white chocolate
- 2 oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate
- Prepare the 9 x 13 inch cake according to package instructions, let it cool completely then crumble the cake in a large bowl.
- Add softened cream cheese and knead gently with your fingers until cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- Roll about 1 heaping tablespoon of the mixture into balls and place on a baking sheet lined with a parchment paper. You will get about 35-40 balls. Set in the fridge to chill.
- Melt white chocolate, remove cake balls form the fridge and using a fork dip them into melted chocolate. Place one ball at a time into the melted chocolate, roll the ball to coat evenly coat with the chocolate, then slightly tap the fork against the side of the bowl to trim the excess chocolate and place the truffle on the parchment paper. Set them back in the fridge until chocolate is firm.
- Melt dark chocolate, transfer into a small bag, cut the corner off and pipe melted chocolate on top of the truffles.
- Store in the fridge.
Recipe by omgchocolatedesserts