Here’s a basic recipe for roasted mushrooms — a very simple, flexible recipe, of course. They can be roasted for a longer or shorter amount of time, or mixed with garlic and shallots before roasting, or drizzled with sesame or walnut oil afterwards.
Roasted Mushrooms with Herbs
- 2 Pounds Mixed Fresh Mushrooms
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a clean, damp cloth and trim stems.
- Slice the mushrooms into pieces no larger than 2 inches in size.
- Mix the olive oil with the garlic, herbs and seasonings in an ovenproof casserole dish large enough to fit all of the mushrooms.
- Add the mushrooms, and mix well, coating the mushrooms with the flavored oil.
- Bake for about 30 to 40 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.