Roasted Potatoes with Bacon
Everything is better with bacon…I definitely live by that motto. Sometimes potatoes get so boring, a little bacon can always kick them up. In this recipe, bacon, garlic and Parmigiano Reggiano make the potatoes extra special. Boiling the potatoes before you roast them make them soft on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 3 1/2 lbs Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, freshly grated
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- fresh parsley
- Peel potatoes and boil them for 12-15 minutes, or until fork tender.
Cook bacon until starting to brown, but not quite done. Remove and cool on a paper towel. Save half of the bacon grease.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half or in quarters, depending on the size of your potatoes. Place them on a sheet pan and drizzle with the bacon grease and olive oil. Toss the potatoes so the oil and grease covers all sides.
- Bake the potatoes for 35-40 minutes, rotating halfway through so they brown evenly. Take the potatoes out of the oven. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees. Add bacon, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper and toss.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and potatoes are brown. Remove from oven, put in a serving dish and top with fresh parsley. Serve immediately.