Salted Caramel Red Velvet Cookies
Refrigerated sugar cookie dough is quickly transformed into gorgeous red velvet cookies stuffed with caramel and topped with a salted chocolate drizzle topping.
- Salted Caramel Red Velvet Cookies are cooked until crisp-chewy, then drizzled with two kinds of chocolate. Just a few easy steps.
- Mix cookie dough, cocoa powder and red food coloring.
- Wrap dough around a chocolate-coated caramel candy.
- Bake and cool.
- Drizzle with milk chocolate.
- Drizzle again with white chocolate and top with sea salt. These cookies will have even gourmet foodies begging you for the recipe!
- Prep Time 20 min
- Total Time 60 min
- Servings 24
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Betty Crocker™ red gel food color
- 24 chocolate-covered caramel candies (such as Rolo™)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with a piece of parchment. Set aside.
- In a gallon-sized zip-top bag, place sugar cookie dough, cocoa powder and red gel food coloring together. Knead bag until ingredients are well combined.
- Wrap 1 tablespoon of dough around 1 caramel candy, encasing the candy in the dough ball. Place ball on cookie sheet. Continue until all dough has been rolled into cookie rounds.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven for 9-12 minutes, or just until they begin to set. Remove cookies and cool completely.
- Melt white chocolate chips in one zip-top bag, and milk chocolate chips in another. Drizzle melted chocolate over the top of each cooled cookie, sprinkling tops with flaked sea salt. Allow chocolate to cool and harden before serving. Serve at room temperature.