this is so good, the hotter you like it the more chilie peppers or jalepeno peppers you put in & it can be made smaller for 2 people simply by cutting the dough in half yummy
Santa Fe Breakfast Burrito Recipe
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Yield: 1 burrito
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken or 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes or 2 cups breadcrumbs, crushed to 3/4 c
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine, melted
- chili powder
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook meat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in water, chilies & seasoning mix. Add cereal, stirring until well combined; set aside.
- Roll bread dough into a 15×10-inch rectangular.
- Spread 2 cups meat mixture in a 4-inch wide strip lengthwise down center of dough. Top with cheese. Cover with remaining meat.
- Bring both sides of dough up over filling. Seal top & sides well. Place seam side down on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with margarine. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
- Slice & serve with salsa and sour cream.
- Decorating tip: cut 1 inch strip from short side of dough: reserve.
- Decorate loaf with small cutouts made with reserved dough before brushing with margarine.