This Sausage Gravy Breakfast Pizza is like biscuits and gravy…with extra sausage AND cheese over a fluffy pizza crust! Easy Breakfast Pizza is a great on-the-go breakfast idea that is fun to eat. Delicious breakfast sausage crumbles on top of country gravy, then covered in ooey-gooey cheese. What is there not to love?
You can add any additional toppings to a breakfast pizza that you like. Think eggs, bacon, and cheddar cheese! Since I bake mine in a smaller baking dish, I usually end up with extra gravy, so I like to dip the pizza crust in extra gravy. Yummm… I should also mention that this pizza does not have to be limited to only breakfast. It makes for a unique lunch idea and is perfect for a breakfast dinner.
To get started, you will need a pizza crust. The dough can be found near refrigerated biscuits at any grocery store. From there, you will also need sausage crumbles (turkey works too). If your store doesn’t have sausage crumbles, purchase breakfast sausage that is already cooked and cut them into small bite-size pieces. Finally, you’ll need mozzarella cheese and sausage-flavored country gravy.
Breakfast Pizza Recipe with Gravy and Sausage
Something that isn’t required that I like to use for this recipe is olive oil. Once you’ve added all of the toppings, brush a thin layer of olive oil on the outside of the pizza crust. This gives it that beautiful golden color and that perfect “pizza crust” look.
- 2 packages crescent rolls
- 1 package Jimmy Dean cooked sausage crumbles
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Heat oven to 375. Separate crescent dough into 16 triangles and place on a greased, round pizza pan with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of pan to form a crust; seal seams. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy according to package directions in a medium saucepan. Stir sausage crumbles into thickened gravy; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter over m
- edium heat. Add egg mixture; cook and stir until almost set.
- Spread sausage gravy mixture over the crust. Top with eggs and cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.