Seven layers add up to one delicious dip that is a favorite everywhere. The best part of this recipe is that you can substitute any fat percentage in the beans and dairy products without affecting the flavor of the finished product.
Note: In the picture I use a larger pan and use a double recipe
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 10 minutes
Yield: 8 cups
- 1 can (16 ounce) refried beans
- 1 packet (1.25 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 1/2 cups prepared guacamole
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup each shredded Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) sliced black olives – drained
- 1 cup sliced green onion tops only
- Combine refried beans with taco seasoning and blend well. Set aside.
- Mix together sour cream with lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a 10-inch pie plate or 9×9 baking dish, spread refried beans and top with sour cream mixture, guacamole, tomato, salsa, shredded cheeses, sliced olives and green onion.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until serving time, or serve immediately with corn chips.