Serve this dish with jicama sticks and guacamole. You can make this colorful dish even more vibrant by using different color peppers or purple onion.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin strips
- ¼ cup water
- ½ mushrooms threads
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper10 corn tortillas
- Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Cook the shrimp over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add the oil to the pan and heat. Add the bell peppers, mushrooms, onions and cook for about 7 minutes or until they begin to brown. Add the shrimp and any juices back to pan.
- Add the water and spices, including salt (optional) and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until the water evaporates. Serve the shrimp and peppers in the corn tortillas.