Shrimp Fried Rice
This is one of my go-to 30-minute meals and my boys can’t get enough of this shrimp fried rice. My husband and I have been on a Chinese food kick the past month or two…. or three. This is a nice way to use leftover rice. The sesame oil makes it smell and taste like authentic Chinese shrimp fried rice.
What you need:
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen small 60/80 ct. , tail off, shrimp, thawed
- 4 cup. pre-cooked brown rice
- 1 (12 oz.) bag frozen peas and carrots
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 TBS oil, divided
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 TBS sesame oil
What you do:
- In a medium bowl toss shrimp, cornstarch, salt and pepper. Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Heat a very large skillet on high heat. Add 1 TBS oil and swirl to coat pan.
- Add shrimp and place so they aren’t overlapping. Do NOT move for 30 seconds and allow to fry. Flip over and fry for another 30 seconds, until almost cooked through.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to plate, leaving behind as much oil as possible.
- Turn heat to medium. Add eggs, stirring very quickly to scramble. When eggs are almost done, dish out and add to plate with shrimp.
- Wipe skillet out and return to high heat.
- Add rice and stir well to mix. Allow the rice to cook untouched for 1-2 minutes until a sizzle is heard. Toss the rice to cook on all sides.
- Add 1 TBS soy sauce and stir well.
- Add shrimp, peas, carrot,s and eggs back in to finish cooking.
- Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Add another 1 TBS soy sauce, sesame oli mix, and serve hot.