Simple easy and fast. This is the definition of this recipe. Ideal for a night after a long day of work accompany with a cold beer.
Shrimp tacos with cilantro sauce
- 3 cups fresh shrimp
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 8 tortillas
Total Kitchen Time: 5 minutes. Makes 1 cup.
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- a chile serrano or jalapeno (to taste)
- Spice Blend (the favorite, to your taste)
Combine all ingredients and salt in a food processor or blender and puree until mostly smooth.
Cook the shrimp with a teaspoon of olive oil and a teaspoon of butter. When are pink, add the cilantro sauce. Heat tortilla on a pan, one by one. Place two tablespoons cilantro shrimp with sauce on a tortilla.
Serve and accompany with a cold beer!
Note: If you prefer, you can do this Spice Blend:
Mexican Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
Mix all together.