All the flavors of a classic cheeseburger, baked into a frittata!
Simple Cheeseburger Frittata
Prep Time 15 min
Total Time 45 min
Recipe by Macheesmo
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 6 oz. cheddar cheese, grated
- Ketchup, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350º F. In a 12-inch (oven-safe) cast-iron skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil and ground beef over medium heat. Cook beef, breaking it up as it cooks, until it’s browned.
- Once beef is cooked, add onions and cook for a few minutes until they’re soft. Season the mixture with garlic powder and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and cream.
- Sprinkle the beef mixture with about 1/2 cup of grated cheese (leave most of it to top the frittata later). Then pour the egg mixture over beef and onions and spread out eggs so they’re even in the dish.
- Transfer dish to the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 350º F.
- Remove frittata and top with the rest of the grated cheese. Then return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve while warm with ketchup!