The slow cooker is a great way to make chili. This beefy chili is packed with beans, veggies, and spice.
Slow Cooker Beefy Chili
Prep 15 m
Cook 8 h
Ready In 8 h 15 m
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 italian hot sausage
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans tomato puree
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper your taste
- First remove the skin from sausage and crumble, and place with beef in a skillet over medium heat, and cook until evenly brown. Drain all grease very well.
- Place the beef in a slow cooker, and mix in onion, celery, green bell pepper, garlic, tomato puree and kidney beans.
- Season with chili powder, parsley, salt, basil, oregano, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes