This Slow Cooker Meatloaf Will Have Your Family Begging For More! And It’s So Easy!
Meatloaf is a great meal that is full of protein, flavor and sometimes veggies, though your kids don’t always know it.
With only 20 minutes it took to throw everything together, you get a meal that took 8 hours to cook (which you can taste in the tender juiciness of the meat).
This dish is a family favorite and it’ll soon be one of your favorites too…
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 large carrots, halved
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup, divided
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- Place carrots in the bottom of a 3-5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine beef, sausage, onion, 3/4 cup ketchup, breadcrumbs, eggs, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix and make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Form meat mixture into a loaf and gently place over carrots in slow cooker.
- In the same bowl, mix sugar, mustard, remaining ketchup and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder together. Spread over the top of loaf, cover and cook on low for 8 hours (or overnight), or on high for 4 hours.
- Let sit for 15 minutes after turning off heat, drain excess liquid and serve warm.
Recipe credit: 12 tomatoes