S’mores brownie pie is a brownie and graham cracker layer on bottom and a toasted marshmallow topping.
This cake is easy to do, just keep in mind to make your own recipe for brownies, because If a boxed mix is used, you will need to make two cakes, and there is too much dough for pie plate.
The recipe starts with a single from scratch graham cracker crust, you have the option to not add sugar.
Recipe credit: Sallys baking addiction
- 12 full-sheet graham crackers (or 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (65g) granulated sugar (optional)
- 10 Tablespoons (150g) unsalted butter
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons (74g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 1/2 cup (62g) all-purpose flour
- 25 large marshmallows (1/2 of a standard package or use mini marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Make the crust: Using a food processor or blender, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press into an ungreased 8-inch or 9-inch pie dish. Set aside.
- Make the brownies: Melt the butter, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a large bowl in the microwave. Melt in 30 second increments and stir after each time until the butter is completely melted. The mixture will look gritty. Set aside for a few minutes as you get the other ingredients ready. You don’t want the mixture to be piping hot.
- Stir in the vanilla extract. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition. The batter will be thick and look shiny. Add the flour, beating with a whisk until fully combined. Try not to overmix the batter at this point. Spoon into crust.
- Bake for 28 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with marshmallows. Return to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 3 minutes to melt the marshmallows. If the marshmallows aren’t toasted, turn on your broiler for 1 minute. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before slicing. Run a very sharp knife under warm water when slicing; it helps slice neat pieces.
- Pie tastes best at room temperature or reheated the day it is made. Any leftover slices should be heated for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Store pie at room temperature for up to 7 days. Do not freeze.