Southern Batter Fried Chicken
This recipe reminds me of KFC, but way, way better. And is it easy to make? Yep, it’s as easy as sliding off a greasy log backward.
I found this recipe by looking online for the ultimate fried chicken breading. I think I have found the holy grail of fried chicken breading/batter. The flavors just pop out! You can find the original recipe here.
- 2 beaten egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 4 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- Beat the egg and milk together in a bowl.
- Combine the flour with the garlic salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and paprika in a big plastic bag.
- Put the chicken in the bag, seal it and shake to coat it.
- Dip the flour-coated chicken in the egg mixture and again in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a skillet to 365 degrees F. Brown the chicken on all sides in the hot oil.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and give the chicken another half an hour or until it is cooked through.
- Drain it on paper towels and serve.