Spicy Potato Wedges
I love roasted potatoes. They’re so versatile. You can use up fresh herbs on them or throw in the dried stuff.
What’s your favorite way to make roasted potatoes?
This recipe makes my life so much easier! Just cut up potatoes, add olive oil and spice. Done!
These spicy potato wedges are no good reheated, so eat them up while still warm!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Ready in: 45 min
Yield: 6 servings
- 2½ pounds (1.13 kg) potatoes (or 3 pounds for less spicy potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or maybe ½ teaspoon garlic powder)
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¾ teaspoon salt (I have to admit that I end up adding a lot more)
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450°F / 230°C. Pour the olive oil onto a rimmed cookie sheet. Add the spices and mix with the olive oil.
- Clean the potatoes and slice the potato into even wedges. Put the potatoes on the cookie sheet and use your hands to coat the potatoes with the olive oil mix.
- The baking time will vary depending on how big your wedges are. I usually bake mine for 20 minutes, take them out of the oven to flip them, and bake for another 10 – 15 minutes. If you want them crispier, just bake them for a few minutes longer.